This blog was created as a manner of documenting the different C.A.S (Creativity, Action, Service) activities I will be doing during the two year I.B curriculum.

samedi 6 août 2011

Summer Activities - Brazil 2011

- Surfing in Baia Formosa, Rio Grande do Norte -

- Surfing in Itacare, Bahia - 

-Cannoo-ing in Porto Seguro, BAHIA-


As I do every year for my summer vacation, I am currently travelling in Brazil (as I am half-Brazilian). This beautiful country offers me various opportunities for CAS activities - particularly for Action (which I have been missing out on). I'll be using this blog to record the activities I've done over this month travelling..

BAIA FORMOSA (Week 1) - Baia Formosa is situated in the Northeast of Brazil, in the state of Rio Grande do Norte. A very small village with mainly fisherman and surfers as its population, Baia Formosa offers beautiful beaches and natural trips. I had already been there before but for a brief amount of time and going back gave me the opportunity to explore new activities in the town.

- SURFING (Action) - 4 hours - Unfortunately was unable to photograph this experience, but I was able to go surfing with Ze Pretinho (a local surfer/surf teacher) near the Fishermen's port of the village. The spot was ideal for surfing and offered smooth waves. I also learned how to adapt my surfing skills to a smaller surfboard, something I had been unable to do before. 
-FISHING (Action) - 5 hours - An unusual activity that I had never tried before, fishing is one of the main occupations in Baia Formosa as the location is ideal. Along with Jose Maria, a local fisherman who even had the opportunity to appear in a movie made about the village (see Sonhos de Peixe - link below),and other acquaintances we went to sit on some rocks near the ocean and were taught about what life is like as a fisherman. 
-ECOTOURISM (Action- 5 hours approx.) Baia Formosa offers beautiful natural surroundings, giving you the opportunity to explore through hiking and swimming many of the town's nature. With my friend Yasmin (who is Brazilian but not from the same region), we went on ecotouristic activities through the town of Sagi (neighbour to Baia Formosa) in which we got to swim through the rivers, run on the beaches, and go hiking through forests

ITACARE (Week 2) - Itacare is a small town also situated in the Northeast in the beautiful region of Bahia. I was fortunate enough to spend 5 days there in the private area of Sao Jose, which offers beautiful beaches and rivers and gave me the opportunity to do many activities concerning CAS - principarly surfing.

-SURFING (Action - 5 hours) I had the luck to have access to a private beach and I decided to take full advantage of this opportunity to take more surf lessons to improve my surfing skills. I had already taken surf lessons last year with the surf teacher Alessandro

PORTO SEGURO (Week 3)

- PLAYING GUITAR/SINGING (Creativity - 5 hours)
-CANOE-ING (Action - 1 hour)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire