This blog was created as a manner of documenting the different C.A.S (Creativity, Action, Service) activities I will be doing during the two year I.B curriculum.

mardi 19 avril 2011

Spring Break - Surf Camp Activities (PICTURES WILL BE POSTED LATER)

As a part of my April Spring Break, I went to spend a week at the Natural Surf Lodge near Hossegor. As its name implies, the lodge was created to teach surfing and its ecological lifestyle to those who spend their vacations there. During my time there, I managed to do a series of different Action + Creativity activities :

Activity: Surfing Lessons
Type: Action
Time Spent: 18 hours
Supervisor: Mr.Mouscardes

As it was a surf camp, the majority of our time was spent having surfing lessons. There were two groups,  the beginners (of which i was) who stayed on the smaller waves and focused on finding balance whilst turning and the more advanced group (with external local students as well) who would go further into the ocean. Although it was a very different experience from the individual surf lessons I had this summer in Itacare, Brazil (see anterior posts), I really enjoyed it and felt that my surfing skills have largely improved.

Activity: Stand Up Paddling / Kayaking
Type: Action
Time Spent : 3 hours
Supervisor: Mr. Mouscardes

Activity : Music Sessions at Lodge (guitar/ukelele/voice)
Type: Creativity
Time Spent: 5 hours
Supervisor: Mr. Mouscardes

I definitely recommend the Natural Surf Lodge for those considering trying surfing, the nature is beautiful and the atmosphere is incredibly friendly. For more information on the lodge, visit their website  : http://www.naturalsurflodge.com/index.php?chlangue=FR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire