This blog was created as a manner of documenting the different C.A.S (Creativity, Action, Service) activities I will be doing during the two year I.B curriculum.

samedi 2 octobre 2010

Summer CAS Activity - Surfing in Itacare

Activity : Surfing Lessons
Location : Itacare, Bahia, Brazil
Time Spent : 3 hours

Me surfing a wave in Itacare

My friend Yasmin during her lesson




During the summer vacation this year, I spent approximately a week in Itacare in the region of Bahia in Brazil. Itacare is known for having a great surfing scene and some of Brazil's most beautiful beaches so I thought to use the opportunity to work on some of my Action hours for C.A.S. I have often had surfing lessons, generally when I go to Brazil but also as I went to the Surf Camp organized by Mr. Mouscardes in 8th grade, although for the past few years I haven't really had the opportunity to practice. This is why I decided as I was in Itacare to take the opportunity and have a few surfing lessons with Mauricio, one of the local teachers there. It was definetly a great experience to practice my surfing skills again, especially considering it is one of my favorite sports and the waves in Itacare are very beautiful. During my 5 day stay there, I had 3 lessons, each of an hour, along with my friend, Yasmin, who herself had never surfed before and also really enjoyed the experience.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire