This blog was created as a manner of documenting the different C.A.S (Creativity, Action, Service) activities I will be doing during the two year I.B curriculum.

samedi 23 octobre 2010

Summer CAS Activity - Ecological Walk/Visit of Baia Formosa

Activity: Ecological Walk/Visit of the town Baia Formosa
Type: Action
Time Spent: 3 hours





During my one week stay in beautiful Baia Formosa, a small isolated fisherman's village south of Natal, in the region of Rio Grande do Norte of Brazil, I decided to take advantage of the village's strong and beautiful natural surroundings. As it was my first time in Baia Formosa, I decided to explore it to the maximum. The visit of Baia Formosa began with a boogie ride in the famous sugar cane fields of Baia Formosa, which also passed through many pineapple fields. After getting to taste not only fresh pineapple but also sugar cane, the visit continued with a boat ride through the Lagoa (lake) de Araraquara, which I greatly enjoyed, even though there was rain. The second part of my ecological visit of Baia Formosa involved an ecological walk guided by Jose Maria, a local tour guide and friend. The ecological walk was through the forest of the Gameleira and the importance of the "trilha" (meaning walk in portuguese) was mainly focused on maintaining the beautiful forest healthy, which therefore meant it was an environmental-friendly and conservational experience. I really enjoyed to learn more on the stories and natural beauties of Baia Formosa, Rio Grande do Norte as it was nice be in such close contact with the nature surrounding us. Also, I got to see one of my favorite animals during the Trilha da Gameleira, a young baby monkey (see pictures above) !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire