This blog was created as a manner of documenting the different C.A.S (Creativity, Action, Service) activities I will be doing during the two year I.B curriculum.

dimanche 22 janvier 2012

Recording My Music



Activity: Recording my own music using Audacity
Type: Creativity
Supervisor: Jana Gromova
Hours: 1h30 per song X 6 songs: 9 hours

Me playing guitar at home - Same place where I record my music

As this blog shows, I'm an active guitar player and singer that has recently started performing at different events - mainly school-related. Everybody always told me I should take my music more seriously and try to record some of it for others to hear but I never really knew how I could record my music. One night, fellow student Camille Chedburn (who plays both guitar and cello beautifully) showed me a program called Audacity which allows you to easily record your music. Camille and I then got together to record a cover of a song we used to play together back in 8th grade called Nicest Thing (originally by Kate Nash). It takes a while to record a song through Audacity as you need to record each instrument as a separate track and then merge them together at the end. We then posted the song on a website called SoundCloud which allows you to record and post any music you've made online for others to listen and download. Since then, I've been recording all my own different songs that I've either written or covered from an artist and posting them onto the Soundcloud. Apart from the website itself, which shows that I've been posting songs (see link below), the only supervisor to this project would have to be Jana Gromova, who lives at home, as often I have had to ask her to make very little noise in order to record my music.

To listen to my songs, go to :Victoria Caetana's Soundcloud 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire